cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create dashboards visible for specific users?

Iplinsky
Advisor

Hello, I am trying to set permission for a group of users to only view dashboards, but I tried a lot of things, and nothing happened.

- Created a User group and set (0) permissions;

- Created a Management zone and set permission to View Environment;

- Allow anonymous access to dashboards in settings;

- Grant access permission to each user for each dashboard settings individually set Specific user *********@gmail.com has View permission;

- And also Any user with the link has permission;

how can I give access to a specific users in Dynatrace to access only dashboards?

Dynatrace Certified
8 REPLIES 8

Iplinsky
Advisor

it's classic dashboards

Dynatrace Certified

Iplinsky
Advisor

i tried all of this options above and folowed documentation, nothing has worked

Dynatrace Certified

Iplinsky
Advisor

Iplinsky_0-1691436636838.png

can acess dashboard but cannot view any data

Dynatrace Certified

Using MZ?  take MZ off to see if that helps.

Dynatrace Certified Professional

yes, put management zones, but without, how can i control wich users can acess dashboard?

Dynatrace Certified

assign the dashboard sharing permissions to the user/group you want to provide access to.

there's no way to prevent the users with access in Dynatrace (even just view environment) from seeing other areas of Dynatrace.  if they have the required access to view data on a dashboard, they can go and view that same data (e.g. hosts or services) via the Hosts or Services pages.

Now if you really must limit access to only dashboards, you can share them via the Public (no authentication) method, but then you'll need to provide some other method of providing a UI for collating all the dashboards, users would only be able to use the links directly.   This of course also disables the users ability to drill down on any tiles, change the time selector etc.

PedroDeodato
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

I agree with @cv_dewr : this is not currently possible.

However, there's a Product Idea by @echwallah asking for the implementation of a way to customize which menus and pages are visible to each users.

With that implementation, the requirement of this post would be fulfilled: an Admin would just restrict the accessible pages for these users to the Dashboards page.

I suggest that you upvote said Product Idea so that Dynatrace considers it:

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Product-ideas/Dynatrace-Menu-Access-Control-for-users/idi-p/22062...

Best regards, Pedro Deodato

Featured Posts