cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy Changes After OneAgent Installation

ADT
Participant

Hello Dynatrace Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I recently installed OneAgent in a Linux environment, and I've encountered an issue that I'm seeking assistance with.

After the installation of OneAgent, I noticed that many files under directories such as /bin, /lib, /lib64, etc., on the server underwent policy changes. Upon checking with the stat command, I observed that the "Change" date for these files was approximately 11 hours after the OneAgent installation.

The system administrator suspects that these changes are attributed to OneAgent, but proving innocence has proven to be challenging. I am reaching out to the community to seek insights and advice. If anyone has any ideas or possible explanations for this behavior, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards

4 REPLIES 4

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

You have these 2 entries in documentation providing more information:

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

@AntonPineiro 

Thank you for providing important information. I will review the content once again.

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @ADT 

Please check if OneAgent security on Linux can help you to explain sys admins what happens while installing OA on a Linux machine.

HTH

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

Hi @Yosi_Neuman 

Thank you for your response. I'll make another attempt to clarify the information from the provided link to our team.

At present, the sole modification made is the installation of OneAgent and we are still under suspicion.

Featured Posts