cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🎥 Databases App - Dynatrace App Spotlight

IzabelaRokita
Community Team
Community Team

At Perform2024, we announced the launch of the Databases app, which provides DBA insights across all databases.

In this short spotlight video, Dariusz Glugla @dglugla , Dynatrace Product Manager, together with Andreas Grabner @andreas_grabner, DevSecOps Activist at Dynatrace walk us through the Databases App. Dariusz explains how it integrates with the Discovery and Coverage App to enable database insights. He also walks us through getting insights into your database instances, analyzing database behavior, query performance, or reacting to Davis AI-detected anomalies such as DDOS attacks.

Links:
Announcement Blog: https://dynatr.ac/3IhA0Mb 

Chapter List:
00:00 - Introduction
00:46 - Database App Overview
02:35 - LIVE Demo

- - - 
Subscribe to our YT channel 
Stay up-to-date with Dynatrace! Follow us on FacebookInstagramLinkedIn, TwitterTwitch  

3 REPLIES 3

AnupamDey
Visitor

I have my Database running in Azure Cloud "Azure SQL Database" as PaaS, can I use this Database App for Database Observability and transaction logs?

@AnupamDey thanks for asking.

Database application currently supports following databases:

• Oracle DB
  • MS SQL Server
  • IBM DB2
  • SAP HanaDB
  • MySQL
  • PostgreSQL
  • Snowflake

As long as these DBs are reachable from ActiveGate running in your environment, you'll be able to monitor them using DB app.

In few months we plan to extend the capabilities of the app to also show cloud DBs, similarly to the Dynatrace Clouds app, so that DB app can address all the DB-related use cases.

Empower Enterprise Apps and Services monitoring in Dynatrace

So, does it mean Dynatrace database app can only be used to monitor those databases which are running on a server with a static IP address because as far as I know if database is running as PaaS then there is no static IP address.

Featured Posts