An alert destination cannot be deleted when it is being used by an active test. If you select Delete for a destination that is in use, a message prompts you to review the tests that use the destination.
If you no longer need an alert destination, change any tests using that destination to another destination or to the Alert Log only.
To identify the tests that use a specific alert destination:
In the Dynatrace Portal, select Setup Tests > Alerts.
- Select the Alert Destinations tab.
- Scroll to the alert destination, click the Action cell for that destination, and select Show Use from the Action menu.
The Usage for Alert Destination window lists all alerts that use the destination.
To remove a destination from an alert:
- Go to the Edit a TestType Test page for the test.
You can, for example, scroll to the test in the Alert Configuration tab, select the Action cell for the test, and select Edit from the Action menu.
- In the edit window, select the Test Level Alerts tab.
For Backbone tests, the alert destination may also be used by a Step Level Alert.
- Scroll to the Notifications section at the bottom of the page
- For each notification that uses the destination, select a new destination from the list.
The first item in the Destination list is no destination (alert log only).
- Click Update and Finish to save the change.
When the alert destination has been removed from all tests, you can delete the alert destination.