Integration with the Slack team messaging application is a new capability for Synthetic Classic.
Slack integration is used primarily for Synthetic Classic Alerts. It presents itself as a new Alert Destination within Synthetic Classic.
To display the page for creating a new alert destination:
- Choose Alerts in the features menu to go to the Alerts page.
- Select the Alert Destinations tab.
- Click Create an alert destination.
In the Create an Alert Destination page, select Slack from the Format list.
Use your Slack account information to define the alert destination.
- Name – The name of the destination; for example, it might be teamnameSlack. You can create multiple Slack destinations if needed, to send alerts to multiple destinations.
- Format – Slack is selected.
- Username – The name of the “user” posting the message. Because the message is coming from Synthetic Classic, this name can be anyone. It should be identifiable by Slack users as coming from Synthetic Classic.
- Instance – The URL of the slack team, for example teamname.slack.com.
- Channel – The Slack channel where you want the alerts to be posted. For this example, we created a channel named syntheticalerts in Slack to hold synthetic alerts.
Note: don’t include the # symbol for the channel name in this field.
- Correct: Instance = syntheticalerts
- Incorrect: Instance =#synthecticalerts
- Webhook URL – Go to the Slack apps page to get the URL for your Slack Instance (for example, teamname.slack.com/apps).
- Choose Manage, then select Custom Integrations.
- Choose Incoming Webhooks and configure a new webhook for Synthetic Classic.
This will provide the Webhook you need.