Alerts enable you to monitor performance by sending notifications when response times or other criteria exceed performance thresholds that you define.
Specifically, alerts can be triggered when the performance of a certain number of nodes, or the average performance of all nodes, exceed the threshold.
To receive notification when the average performance of the test's nodes are unacceptable, configure a Response Time alert with a dynamic threshold. With a dynamic threshold, the Dynatrace Portal calculates the test status by comparing the recent response time average to the average response time over a longer period of time.
To configure a Response Time alert with a dynamic threshold:
- In the Dynatrace Portal, select Tests in the Manage section of the navigation menu.
- If necessary, use the page filters to find the test.
- Expand the test, then click Edit test below the test details to open it into the Edit a TestType Test page.
- Select the Test Level Alerts tab. For Backbone tests, you can also configure Step Level Alerts.
- Select Dynamic thresholds and configure the threshold details.
- Configure the other alert details as needed.
- When you have configured all the necessary details, click Update and Finish.
For more information about configuring alerts, see Alerts in the documentation.