|The Business Transaction Row Count plugin queries a Business Transaction Dashboard to return the number of rows/splittings in the table. |
The plugin supports both HTTP and HTTPS.
Name and Version
dynaTrace Application Monitoring 4.2+
Daniel Pohanka (daniel.pohanka@Dynatrace.com)
The Business Transaction Row Count plugin queries a Business Transaction Dashboard to return the number of rows/splittings in the table.
2014-12-03 Initial Release
2015-05-11 Version 2.0.1
2016-04-11 Version 2.1.0
New in Version 2.1.0
- Additional filter option in the plugin monitor setup - utilize the same dashboard for multiple monitors
- Filter on timeframe
- Filter on a Business Transaction
- Filter on a System Profile
- Removal of URL input from setup
- Replaced with individual input fields
- URL is auto-built during plugin execution
New in Version 2.0.1
- Support for counting rows in a business transaction table and a chart table
- Counting the number of unique rows and number of instances per unique splitting (i.e. Business Transaction split by date and user, returns the number of users per date as long as date id the first splitting, or number of dates for the user when user is the first splitting)
- Returning 0 when when no measure for the time frame is available to measure averages accurately
Installation and Configuration
- Configure a Business Transaction or measure of which the number of splittings will be returned by this plugin.
- Create and save a Dashboard with the Business Transaction or Chart table, as a dashboard on the dynaTrace server. Make sure the maximum number of lines per table is larger than the number of splittings, or the xml will be cutoff. Once the dashboard is saved, use a web browser to navigate to the http://server_name:8020, by default, or https://server_name:8021, if you are using HTTPS. Once at the home page, navigate to View Dashboard & Reports -> Business Transaction Row Count Dashboard (or whatever you named it) -> Details -> Report Type is XML -> Create Report. Use this URL on the Monitor tab.
- Install and Configure the Plugin
Once the plugin is installed and created, create a new monitor.
A new row count measure can also be created to modify the measure name to something applicable in any environment.
The plugin now uses the host you selected for the monitor. It uses the Address block of that host. You may need to change this, if it doesn't work by default.
The number of splittings in the Business Transaction can now be monitored and used for alerting.
Please feel free to contribute any changes on Github