Name and Version
User Logins Plugin
5.6 and above
Adam Gardner - Dynatrace
1) It won't count historical logins when it first runs, so to get data, setup the monitor then re-login to the client.
2) This must run on a collector installed locally to the server you wish to query.
3) Underlying metrics upon which this plugin relies are only updated when a user clicks login or test connection in client. Hence if a user logs into the client then leaves it open or logged in, there will be no new data generated. I suggest you use the metrics from this plugin in combination with the "Client socket connections" metric (from dynatrace client monitoring system profile) to get a true picture of currently connected users.
4) Does not currently support web dashboard logins due to a limitation of the Dynatrace logging. Please comment below if this is an important requirement.
Install plugin via client as normal
Create a monitor based on this plugin.
- Point the Server.0.0.log path to the server log file (plugin defaults to x64 dynatrace 6.1 path). Update as necessary.