Icon

Comments have been closed on this page. Please use AppMon & UEM Open Q & A forum for questions about this plugin.

Redirection Notice

Icon
This page will redirect to Dynatrace AppMon Visual Studio Extension.

• No labels
  1. Anonymous (login to see details)

Source code lookup doesn't work. dT client says that source lookup was not successful.

version of dT - 6.3.4

VS - 2105

Hello Vlad,

Thank you for the report. We'd need your help with that problem. Please do the following:

1. Go to C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\dynaTrace\CodeLinkNet\log and remove all existinglog files.
      2. Launch VS 2015 and Dynatrace Client and try to do the code lookup.
      3. If the lookup fails, please collect the log files from C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\dynaTrace\CodeLinkNet\log and attach to this page.

Thanks!

Sorry, my mistake. I tried to open methods from native APIs (smile) 

It works good. Thanks a lot

Thanks for clarifying that!

2. Anonymous (login to see details)

Hi Wictor!

We faced with one problem during run application with dynaTrace agent inside. Plugin reinstallation didnt helped )

Hi,

I've sent the latest build of the VS 2105 plugin to you via email. Please follow the instructions and let me know if the problem still occurs. If It's OK I'll update the public plugin release. Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Wiktor

Vlad confirmed that the updated version fixed the problem. It's now lined for everyone at the top of the page.

Please note it also contains a new feature: you can now execute instrumented tests: right click on selected test project or right click on solution containing tests projects and use the "Run Tests with Dynatrace AppMon" command.

Best regards,

Wiktor

3. Anonymous (login to see details)

Hi Wictor,

We have some issues to use the plugin 2015 with DT6.3 when we want to open a purepath method in VS2015.

We made several tries on different methods.

Firstable, with the good project opened in VS, the log is like : 

2016-09-13 10:32:06 INFO CodeLink connected with Lookup Information
    2016-09-13 10:32:06 INFO goToMethod(System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult::HandleRequest())
    2016-09-13 10:32:06 INFO getMethod called on 26 projects
    2016-09-13 10:32:06 INFO getMethod working on project CustomPerfIOMT.Core.Contracts - ProjectType is VSLangProj.PrjKind.prjKindCSharpProject
    2016-09-13 10:32:06 INFO getMethod CodeTypeFromFullName(System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult) returns null
    2016-09-13 10:32:06 INFO getMethod working on project CustomPerfV2.Core.Domain - ProjectType is VSLangProj.PrjKind.prjKindVBProject
    2016-09-13 10:32:06 INFO getMethod CodeTypeFromFullName(System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult) returns null
    2016-09-13 10:32:07 WARN Could not find the Type "System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult"!
    2016-09-13 10:32:07 INFO Lookup failed

On another method :

2016-09-13 10:36:30 INFO CodeLink connected with Lookup Information
    2016-09-13 10:36:30 INFO goToMethod(System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime::ProcessRequestNotificationHelper(System.IntPtr;System.IntPtr;System.IntPtr;int))
    2016-09-13 10:36:30 INFO getMethod called on 26 projects
    2016-09-13 10:36:30 INFO getMethod working on project CustomPerfIOMT.Core.Contracts - ProjectType is VSLangProj.PrjKind.prjKindCSharpProject
    2016-09-13 10:36:30 INFO getMethod CodeTypeFromFullName(System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime) returns null
    2016-09-13 10:36:30 INFO getMethod working on project CustomPerfV2.Core.Domain - ProjectType is VSLangProj.PrjKind.prjKindVBProject
    2016-09-13 10:36:30 INFO getMethod CodeTypeFromFullName(System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime) returns null
    2016-09-13 10:36:31 INFO getMethod working on project CustomPerfV2.Web.UI - ProjectType is VSLangProj.PrjKind.prjKindVBProject
    2016-09-13 10:36:31 INFO getMethod CodeTypeFromFullName(System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime) returns PipelineRuntime
    2016-09-13 10:36:31 INFO getMethod looks for method ProcessRequestNotificationHelper in codeClass PipelineRuntime with 4 parameters and partClass=False
    2016-09-13 10:36:31 ERROR System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Une erreur HRESULT E_FAIL a été retournée à partir d'un appel à un composant COM.
    à System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
    à Microsoft.VisualStudio.LanguageServices.Implementation.Utilities.Exceptions.ThrowEFail()
    à Microsoft.VisualStudio.LanguageServices.Implementation.CodeModel.ExternalElements.ExternalCodeClass.get_Parts()
    à EnvDTE80.CodeClass2.get_Parts()
    à DynaTrace.CodeLink.Context.getMethod(Lookup lookup, List`1 projects) dans C:\Users\wiktor.bachnik\Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\DynatraceAppMon\DynatraceAppMon\Context.cs:ligne 287

Can you bring us some help ?

Best Regards

Hello Christophe,

What is the project type you're trying to look up a method in?

Regards,

Wiktor Bachnik

Hello Wiktor,

Im not sure to understand, what do you mean by project type ?

Regards

Hi,

For example: C# Web Application in ASP.NET or VB Desktop App, Unit Test project, etc. Hope that helps!

Wiktor

Hello Wiktor,

Yes it helps (wink)

There is C# Web App and VB.NET.

Regards

Hello Christophe,

I'm sorry for the late reply.

Regarding the first lookup failure, I can see that you attempted to look up a method that is a part of the standard library and not a part of your project (System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult). Unfortunately, that is not supported. We can only look up parts of the project you're working with.

Regarding the second failure, I found a possible cause of the problem and implemented a fix. The updated plugin can be downloaded at: https://github.com/Dynatrace/Dynatrace-Visual-Studio-2015/releases/download/6.3.4.3/DynatraceAppMonPlugin.vsix Please let me know if that helped.

Best regards,

Wiktor

4. Anonymous (login to see details)

Source code look up in Dynatrace Client throws an error 'No Connect IDE has been found'.

VS 2015 V14.0.x
    Dynatrace client 6.5.1.x

I have installed VS extension from Visual Studio 2015 Extension

There is no log generated  under '..AppData\Roaming\dynaTrace\CodeLinkNet\log' when Dynatrace client or VS is opened. A log is created when the 'Dynatrace AppMon Extension Configuration' is opened from VS and contains the below entries.  

2016-10-28 04:56:11 onConnection - Initialize
    2016-10-28 04:56:11 INFO CodeLink Version: 1.0.0.0
    2016-10-28 04:56:11 ERROR when calling CodeLinkConnect. Timeout=True, versionMatched=False, sessionId=-1

Can I get some help to resolve the problem?

Regards

Krishna

Hello Krishna,

I managed to locate the problem and I'm working on a fix. It should be available after the weekend.

Best regards,

Wiktor

Hello,

The problem should be resolved in the latest extension release. You can download it at: https://github.com/Dynatrace/Dynatrace-Visual-Studio-2015/releases/download/6.3.4.2/DynatraceAppMonPlugin.vsix

Please let me know if everything is working as expected in your environment now.

Wiktor

Thanks Wiktor. This version is working.

Krishna