Information:

Environment

Affects Versions: 4.x
Affected system(s): Oracle Application Server 10g and possibly other application servers

• UEM

Symptoms

Requests to dtagent_XXX.js and dynaTraceMonitor result in a "404 - Not Found" response from a firewall, load balancer, web server or application server.

Solution

• Make sure that those requests actually reach a server that runs with a dynaTrace agent with an active UEM sensor.
  • The firewall has to let those requests through.
  • The load balancer has to forward those requests to a server that runs with a dynaTrace agent.
  • If the web server does not run with a dynaTrace agent, it has to forward those request to an application server that runs with a dynaTrace agent.

If those requests reach an application server with a dynaTrace agent, but still generates a 404 response, the application server has to be configured in such a way, that the request is served by some existing servlet (it does not matter which Servlet is used).

For example, the following rule can be added to the global web.xml of the application server or to the web.xml of some specific application.

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>Choose some existing servlet here</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/dynatrace/\* </url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

If the rule is added to the global web.xml of the application server, dtagent_401.js can then be requested by using the URI /dynatrace/dtagent_401.js
If the rule is added to the web.xml of a specific application, dtagent_401.js can then be requested by using the URI /<app>/dynatrace/dtagent_401.js.

The prefix of the URI (e.g. "/dynatrace/" or "/<app>/dynatrace/") can be specified in the "User Experience" section of the system profile ("Agent location" and "Monitor request path").

1. Anonymous (login to see details)

I have a out of the box installation of Dynatrace 4.2 configured to monitor PTC's Windchill 10.1. In the source-pages I can see the JAVA-script injection. However, the dtagent42_b_3154.js is not found on the server. Also, the DynaTraceMonitor is not available. 

At what point in the installation / configuration are these parts installed on the server? What rights need to be granted on the folder?

I'm sure I'm missing a stupid little step to get it up and running but which?