Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Monthly PTF's have been made available for Dynatrace AppMon 6.3 mainframe components thru the cumulative monthly maintenance. Recommended for all users!
Resolved and Known issues
JLT-158993 - S0C4 in IMS App Region causes IMS Control region to abend with U113
- Impact: High, S0C4 abend in IMS dependent region with transaction buffers.
- Cause: When the IMS agent is using transaction buffers and the zDC is restarted under load, a S0C4 abend can occur due to an MPR or the DLISAS region not having gained SMO access.
- Solution: The method of ensuring SMO access was improved.
JLT-162277 - CICS region abends when agent is injected
- Impact: Medium, occurs sporadically when the LE sensor is on for COBOL programs.
- Cause: Code referred to storage after it had already been freemained.
- Solution: Restructure code so it doesn’t refer to already freed storage.
JLT-163129 – DTAX fails to pick up sensor settings
- Impact: Medium, only occurs when user updates the sensor settings after CICS Agent is enabled
- Cause: Coding error in sensor settings monitoring
- Solution: Update the global work area with the new sensor settings
JLT-164847 - DTAX sends UNINIT when DTAX DIS even when AgentID is 0
- Impact: Low, Only during DTAX DIS (from terminal or modify command) when zRemoteAgent is being bounced
- Cause: Internal Validation
- Solution: Additional validations to the UNINT process
JLT-164285 - new LE COBOL hook didn't set R2 to point to the exit task local work area
- Impact: Low, no reported issues to date.
- Cause: 0C4 in ZDTAGT because EIB is not addressable
- Solution: Fixed addressability to the EIB
JLT-169649 - IMS, During a profiling run, Customer got S0C4 abends in diagnosis job
- Impact: Low, this is a diagnostic tool.
- Cause: The saved MPR ASCB address was no longer a valid ASCB, resulting in a S0C4 when attempting to use a field from it.
- Solution: The ASCB address is now validated using the ASVT entry.
JLT-170369 - DB2 sensor is never enabled even when the config calls for it to be enabled
- Impact: Medium
- Cause: If the ESS Create Thread to the external subsystem had already occurred prior to injection of the IMS agent, the DB2 sensor never got enabled in the MPR.
- Solution: The DB2 sensor enablement no longer depends on seeing the ESS Create Thread occur.
JLT-175280 - IMS agent ABEND using ADK with TXB offset 0066CE in ZDTIII12
- Impact: Low, no reported issues to date.
- Cause: The wrong PSW key was used to update an internal control block.
- Solution: The code was changed to ensure the proper key was used.
JLT-178128 DB2 call node connection pool attachments sometimes are not populated.
- Impact: Low, no reported issues to date
- Cause: If the Create Thread has already occurred before the IMS agent is injected, the DB2 call node connection pool attachments are not valid.
- Solution: The location of the connection pool attachment data was corrected.
JLT-183206 – IMS ADK may get bad function code with multiple agents injected in an IMS
- Impact: Low, IMS ADK calls may set RC=-3 indicating a bad function code when multiple IMS agents are injected into a single IMS system.
- Cause: The registers pointing to the call parameters were not restored for subsequent calls from the ADK stub.
- Solution: The registers pointing to the call parameters are now restored before returning to the ADK stub.
JLT-182922 – IMS: high CPU usage and ABENDs code U0240
- Impact: High, Possible DB2 sensor loop after application of PTF DTS016A.
- Cause: The process to inject the DB2 sensor was no longer single threaded.
- Solution: The process was changed to ensure it is single threaded.
JLT-191517 – IMS DB2 nodes not generated when the zDC is stopped prior to any DB2 activity and restarted subsequent to DB2 activity.
- Impact: Medium, uncommon sequence of events that causes missing DB2 nodes.
- Cause: The sensor install process failed if driven while the zDC was not available, and was only allowed to be driven once.
- Solution: The sensor install process was modified to be re-driven until successful.
JLT-197047 – IMS – MPR loop calling D2sensor after MQ start is done in region
- Impact: High, May cause a CPU limit reached in the IMS region.
- Cause: The DB2 sensor code gets into a loop generating the same node repeatedly.
- Solution: ZDTIDB00 changed to only enable the 2nd LIIB of the pair when enabling the DB2 sensor.
JLT-196903 – IMS – Add optional Include/Exclude Transaction name lists to CTL region MQ sensor configuration
- Impact: None, PTF is an enhancement, not a fix.
- Cause: NA
- Solution: NA
JLT-197853 – IMS – Agent ABEND retry needs to free internal process locks
- Impact: High, IMS agent may loop or become unusable if an ABEND occurs while holding a resource lock.
- Cause: IMS agent ABEND retry does not free resource locks.
- Solution: IMS agent ABEND retry routine was changed to free all locks.
JLT-198821 – IMS – Agent S0C4 ABEND when issuing path table full message if called in AR mode
- Impact: Medium, results in a S0C4 ABEND and the IMS agent is disabled.
- Cause: The code that issues the diagnostic message indicating that the path is full is not coded correctly for the AR mode caller.
- Solution: Corrected code to handle AR mode caller.
Install the mainframe maintenance here: Download and SMP/E Install of the z/OS Agent Components