Early Access Program
Go to https://portaleap.dynatrace.com/ for a preview of new features and enhancements planned for the next release. These EAP features were recently added to the EAP Portal:
- Error analysis page – For a selected test or for all tests, identify patterns of availability errors, focus on tests that have errors, and view information that can help you troubleshoot and resolve performance problems. See the help page Error Analysis for details.
- Synthetic tile enhancements – You can filter the Details view of Synthetic tiles in custom dashboards, by Status (severity), Product (test type), and Browser. Click the Errors value for a test to drill down to the Error analysis page.
If you haven’t yet tried these EAP features, check them out now:
- Folder management page – You can group your related tests into a folder for easy management. Use the new Folder management page to create folders and assign tests to them. See the help page Folder Management Page.
- Alert log UI enhancements – Icons next to the test name identify the test type and browser agent for each alert. The filter pane to the left of the alert list makes it easy to filter by test name, alert type, alert progression, and test type. For more details, see the help page Alert Logs.
- Custom dashboard enhancements – In the Details view of a chart tile, you can chart the data by a selected series, such as Contributor Groups, Region, ISP, or Step, corresponding to the Group By criteria in Interactive Charts.
Review more recently published interviews to get to know your Dynatrace Synthetic support team members better:
Don't Miss Perform 2017!
Perform 2017 is almost here! Joining us means you have the chance to hear from more than 60 spectacular customer speakers in six out this world tracks.
This year at Perform:
- Meet 1,300 of your peers to share insights and war stories.
- Hear from industry leaders like Boeing, AWS, Pivotal, Panera, Red Hat and Adobe about upcoming trends that will impact you and your company.
- Expand your skillset and get up to speed with the Hands-on Training (HOT) Day!
Troubleshoot Your Backbone Tests
Are you seeing performance issues in your Backbone tests? Use the Data Investigation Guide to diagnose and resolve them. The guide contains troubleshooting procedures and workarounds for Backbone tests that have failed runs, slow response times, missed alerts, or other issues.
Help Customer Support Help You
When you open a Support ticket, provide as much information as you can about your issue, so Customer Support can quickly analyze the issue and provide the help you need. See the Community page Synthetic Monitoring - Getting Support for a list of the information to provide in your ticket, and guidelines for assigning a severity level to the issue.
If you’re already familiar with the tremendous resources you have available in Dynatrace University — or even if you’ve never visited our online learning center before — get ready for a whole new world at your fingertips.
Dynatrace University dot NEXT is here!
- No login required! Easily navigate over 700+ readily available training videos for every Dynatrace power module.
- It’s supported by a backbone of agile technologies for browsing content at lightning speed — anywhere in the world.
- A new, simplified e-commerce and training registration process makes learning easier than ever.
- You can also share your own APM content — including insights and tips for other users — by uploading and managing your own training videos.
We’ve used data gathered from tens of thousands of user experiences from the last four years to make the new Dynatrace University your university. There’s nothing else like it. See for yourself!
Community Member of the Month for January 2017!
We are very happy to announce that Babar Q. is our January Community Member of the Month! Babar has been an incredibly active in the forums in asking questions and helping others to create a virtual team that is committed to each members success.
Click this link to read what Tom has to say about the Dynatrace Community.
Dynatrace Expert Services (DXS)
Perform 2017 will feature sessions from 60+ of your peers and other professionals about how to build a winning digital performance strategy. Managing complexity, shift to the cloud, monitoring web chaos: there is something for everyone, along with hands-on training, in-depth education and certification. You can even visit the team of DXS experts in-person at the Performance Café. Register now here.
Don’t miss the webinar on January 19: “2016 Holiday Retail Tech Recap” featuring the editor-in-chief of Internet Retailer discussing key lessons learned during the recent holiday shopping season with David Jones of Dynatrace and Venkat Rayapudi of Neiman Marcus.
Questions to be answered include:
- What are the new requirements to best serve digital customers?
- What made performance great for leading retailers like Neiman Marcus?
- How can you assess your holiday performance and prepare for the year ahead?
Register now to attend.
Community Tips & Tricks - Create a List of Forum Favorites
To quickly return to a Dynatrace forum that interests you, click the Star icon next to a forum name. Your favorite forums will appear in the right sidebar under Navigation for quick access each time you log. To bookmark a specific forum post to view at a later date, click the Star icon next to the Add Comment button, which appears directly under the first text of a question, article, or idea post. All favorite posts will appear in the Favorites section of your forum profile.
For more details, see How do I create a list of favorite forums or posts? in the Forum User Guide.
Have a suggestion on improving your Community experience? We'd love to hear from you in our Community Ideas forum!