- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Starting with release 2018 DC RUM is known as Dynatrace Network Application Monitoring (Dynatrace NAM).
DC RUM release 2017 will no longer be supported after May 31, 2019. It is time to upgrade your DC RUM 2017 installation to maintain active product support. Support for version 2017 will be discontinued soon!
What does "End of Support" mean?
When a product release reaches its end of support date:
There will be no new development for that release.
There will be no new service packs, bug fixes or security updates for that release.
There will be no further product technical support offered
What should I do next?
You need to upgrade your existing DC RUM 2017 installation to NAM 2018 SP4.
Use the NAM upgrade guide to begin planning your migration. Create a migration plan and open a migration ticket to give us heads up.You can submit your questions there. Our Support team will be happy to assist you before and during the migration process.
After that, you may continue migration to NAM 2019 release (once it becomes available at the end of May 2019).
Highlights of migration to NAM 2018 SP4 release
- NAM 2018 release will be supported until September 30, 2020.
- Hardware requirements have not changed between DC RUM 2017 and NAM 2018 releases.
- NAM Probe (previously AMD) continues to operate on Red Hat Linux 7 (no change vs 2017 release).
- ADS (Advanced Diagnostics Server) has been replaced by ADoD (Advanced Diagnostics on Demand) feature and moved to NAM Server (previously CAS).
See Advanced Diagnostics on Demand for more information. Existing ADS licenses will automatically be converted to ADoD license in NAM Server.
- NAM 2018 introduces single sign-on (enabled by default during installation).
- eServices is now the only license management platform (no more DLM).
- There is a new (more flexible) Alerts management system in NAM 2018.
- See NAM 2018 release notes for a whole list of new features and enhancements implemented.
Migration to NAM 2019 release
NAM 2019 release is now in BETA release stage. Planned release date is end of May 2019.
Direct migration from DC RUM 2017 to NAM 2019 release is a two phase process:
- Migrate your existing DC RUM 2017 environment to NAM 2018 release.
- Migrate from NAM 2018 to NAM 2019 release.
Among other exciting features and improvements, this release brings:
- New report explorer where you can analyze report performance, user report priorities, report links, favorites, and home pages
- Data mining interface enhancements
- More flexible integration with Dynatrace - see Unifying NAM and Dynatrace for more information
- Automated product configuration through NAM Configuration REST API
- NAM Server SQL database compression, saving space occupied by NAM data.
What happens if I continue using DC RUM 2017 beyond its EOS date ?
Staying with release 2017 after May 31, 2019 will still give you access to product downloads and NAM Q&A forum but, there will be no further product technical support offered and no new product updates will be issued. Service pack 8 will be the last major version update made available for the DC RUM 2017 release.