Cloud is yet a vague term, but its core concept, on-demand and automated provisioning, turns infrastructure into commodity and allows you to focus on what matters most to you: your application. With dynaTrace you have chosen an APM (Application Performance Management) solution that exactly follows this approach: dynaTrace actually monitors your application rather than the environment in which it is running. This enables you to identify whether or not any application failure draws from your infrastructure or any of the cloud services your application uses or from the application itself. Additionally, dynaTrace comes with integrated UEM (User Experience Management), which is amongst others important for geographic optimization of your global deployment. Thus, we define cloud monitoring as application monitoring plus end user experience management.
While dynaTrace supports and runs in all cloud environments, there is special support for Amazon's EC2, Microsoft's Windows Azure and VMWare based Clouds:
- Deploying dynaTrace with your Application in EC2
- Monitoring your Application and EC2
- running the dynaTrace Server in EC2
- Analyzing Impact of EC2 Infrastructure on Performance
- Monitoring your Application and the virtual Infrastructure
- Running the dynaTrace Server in VMWare
- Analyzing Impact of VMWare on Performance
Cloud Technology Support
In addition to supporting a wide range of technologies, dynaTrace also provides special support and analytic capabilities for the important field of Big Data.