cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Static Failure Rate Thresholds

john_liebal1
Contributor

Is there a way to define a custom threshold for failure rate that is static. I've set up key requests and changed the threshold to 10%, but I believe this is still a 10% deviation from the observed baseline. I want to create an alert when the failure rate for these requests is above 10%.

5 REPLIES 5

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Actually failure rate should be static threshold not deviation. It should be measured only on particular requests? You can also setup static threhold in whole service if it is ok for you.

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

Thanks Sebastian -- it looks like is working as expected, but the service is reporting it as a frequent issue. This has been an issue for us for a while now. The development system that Dynatrace is on is very ubstable and we are using Dynatrace to identify the issues and clean up the mess. Is there a way to turn this feature off?

nj_njoku
Inactive

Hi John,

In the service settings under Anomaly Detection, Under "set thresholds for key requests" switch the failure rate from "Automatic" to Use Fixed Thresholds for the key requests. Then you can set the failure rate for the key service requests to 10%.

Hope This Helps

NJ

Thanks NJ -- it looks like is working as expected, but the service is reporting it as a frequent issue. This has been an issue for us for a while now. The development system that Dynatrace is on is very ubstable and we are using Dynatrace to identify the issues and clean up the mess. Is there a way to turn this feature off?

Hi John,

If I am understanding correctly, you want these alerts to be triggered and not reported as a frequent issue. Is that correct? One suggestion I can think of is to increase the sensitivity of the threshold (right below where you set up the fixed threshold). I have not used this feature for this particular use case but it is worth trying. See more on sensitivity of alerts here.

Thanks

NJ

Featured Posts