cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace Managed - Alerting profile is not able to suppress alerts

krunal_dave1
Guide

We have Dynatrace managed, when we set problem notification for email we select alert profile and in alert profile-->create alerting rule for Resource Alert we choose send a notification if a problem remains open longer than 10 minutes for Include all entities regardless management zone selection as ALL.

we thought this settings will suppress Resource Alert for 10 minutes if problem remains open, However we received email alerts for problems which are closed less than 10 minutes(ex: we got email alert for the slow disk problem which is open and resolved in 10 minutes).

is there settings which we are missing?

9 REPLIES 9

ChadTurner
Leader

@Krunal D. make sure you link the alert profile to the alert integration at the end of the page:

-Chad

@Chad T.

I have linked alerting profile in Problem notification when we initial configured the problem notification.

The question is when we set Rule (for instance : Resource alert) in Alerting profile to suppress notification of problem if problem remain open longer than 10 minutes however it's still send notification if problem open and closed under 10 minutes regardless which channel (Email,Service Now).

please refer to screenshot below.

Okay, well first thing is that setting the alert rule like that tells the system to initiate the associated alert integration (most likely email alert) when an issue has been open for 10 mins. I have found that things such as resource alerts do not get alerted right away. For Example. Host A has high CPU all of a sudden at 8am, by 8:05, a problem alert will be raised and show up in the UI. Dynatrace will report this issue open for 5 mins, even tho it just notified you. So then 5 mins later, at 8:10, the system see's that the alert have been open for 10 mins, it will trigger that alert integration associated with the alert profile.

-Chad

you will be able to notice this delay if you set the alerts to "immediate" you will see that the detection of the problem is 3-5 mins behind the actual occurrence of the problem

-Chad

@Chad T.

We are aware of Analysis Delay by Davis, we know it might take 5-15 minutes delay(in the event of problem detected by Davis and problem shown in UI).

Question remain stand still - it should not send an alert when you set to suppress them for 10 minutes, it should only send alert after 10 minutes if problem remain open. based on over observation it is not doing as it suppose to.

In this case, I would make sure your managed cluster is up to date, if it is not, get it updated. If you are updated or just updated it and still are experiencing a problem, I would recommend opening a support ticket as the system is not functioning as expected and we have covered all the variables associated with alerting and everything is set as it should be for your use case.

-Chad

krunal_dave1
Guide

@ Chad T - We have opened support ticket, let's see what's there findings. will keep you posted here if any resolution.

sweet. I look forward to hearing what the root cause is.

-Chad