cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I snooze a problem?

arun_ramalingam
Participant

In the Dynatrace SaaS model, How can we snooze a Problem for certain period of time?

5 REPLIES 5

wolfgang_beer
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Could you please give some more details about your use case? Would you like to mute a type of problem on an entity for a period of time or just close one open problem?

arun_ramalingam
Participant

Yes, I would like to Mute an alert for some time and unmute automatically after the time expires. Recently we did a data sync between apps and one of our application server had high CPU usage. Dynatrace was alerting the issue every 5-10 minutes. Since we are aware of the issue and also aware of how long the data sync is going to run, we simply wanted to "snooze" the problem for 4 hours.

Since, we cant do that, we went to those hosts and turned off the CPU anomaly detection and turned it back on later. Want to know if there was an easier way to snooze the issue.

extern_albiez_p
Inactive

We have the same question. Because we want to upgrade Servers and snooze the alarms for an maintenance Window for example. Also we have a active/passive Cluster. And we want to snooze all alarms of the passive line.

wolfgang_beer
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

That's a good point, we are in the process of adding maintenance windows quite soon that allow you to snooze problems for a defined period of time for a tagged group of monitored entities. If our sprint testing does not show any show stoppers I plan to release that feature in around 5 weeks from now.

Hi @Wolfgang B.

My customer is currently very interested in the arrival of maintenance windows for alerting. Do you have any more information surrounding the specific functionality that will be available in Dynatrace? They want to make sure that the ability to create maintenance windows, and mainly the management of those, is intuitive and easy enough for them to accomplish. More specifically, will these be similar to the way they are in Appmon? Will we be able to create recurring windows? etc.

Thank you!

Featured Posts