Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service request Alerting

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello All

I have a specific question (completing another one topic).

I have a specific threshold to put one specific request under global service.

OK, I do it (after mark this request as key request or after creating calculated metric) with Custom events for alerting.

I also have an alerting profile and notification for this same global service with the baseline threshold.

My question is:

Is this custom service will be excluded from the global service after creating the custom event or no?

If no, how can I exclude this sub request from the alerting of the global service.

Thanks and have good day.

BRs,

Sharing Knowledge
7 REPLIES 7

alvaro_sanchez
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Malaik,

If you mark the specific request as key, it will automatically use the threshold you define for it and ignore the global thresholds for that particular request, only raising alerts when the request is above the request threshold, and not the global threshold, so there's no extra action needed there.

However, if you define a separate calculated metric with a custom event, those are independent from the default thresholds. In the alerting profile config, you can define an event filtering rule for the custom event where you exclude events with a given title or description (which you would have customized during the custom event creation). See here: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/alerting-profiles#create-an-alerting-profile

Regards,

Álvaro

Thanks Alvaro

How can I define a threshold for Key request?

Sharing Knowledge

Hi Malaik,

You need to go to the Settings page of the service the key request belongs to (find the service, then next to the name click on the button with "..." then Edit")

alvaro_sanchez_1-1627478336360.png

Then on the left select the "Anomaly Detection" section.

alvaro_sanchez_0-1627478282127.png

At the bottom of that section, you should be able to see the list of key requests defined for that service, and you can modify the thresholds for them as needed, just toggling on the specific threshold you want to set:

alvaro_sanchez_2-1627478408483.png

Regards,

Álvaro

Thanks a lot @alvaro_sanchez for your time.

But this is for the global service, not for the specific Key request.

So this service englobe multiple requests and Key requests.

Good Day.

Sharing Knowledge

Hello @Malaik 

Simply switch off the global button of the key request and configure the baseline or static thresholds according to your need for the key request. The following is an example.

Babar_Qayyum_0-1627552990477.png

Regards,

Babar

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @Babar_Qayyum 

But again, there is no menu to access the Key request.

I'm wrong? or I didn't notice this menu?

BRs,

Sharing Knowledge

Hello @Malaik 

In the anomaly settings, go to the bottom to access the key request.

Babar_Qayyum_0-1627553735568.png

Regards,

Babar

Featured Posts