cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wild Card or REGEX in data explorer / custom event alerting profile

pvr
Participant

Hello,

Does the DT GUI allow us to filter on regular expressions or wild cards for the data explorer and custom alerting profiles? 

I have a use case of collecting ready message count in a number of queues all with names ending in "*_error" ,  when I try to put in a similar wildcard it fails to filter on it. 

Help/Advice appreciated. 

thanks

Ven

6 REPLIES 6

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

regex is really only applicable in certain subsets of Dynatrace for example Auto Tags, Request Attributes, Management Zones etc.... 

-Chad

Not sure I got the precise use case, but did you try entityName("_error") that works as "contains" clause? Unfortunately there is startsWith but not endsWith.

AgataWlodarczyk
Community Team
Community Team

@pvr do you still need help with your case?
Or have you already found a solution? If yes, feel free to share. Other Community members would be happy to know the answer. 🙂

When passion meets people magic and innovation happen.

Adil_Saleem
Observer

Hi All,
I was stuck in the same issue. I wanted to filter out all the results that were ending with some xyz string. In code tab of data explorer, there was a option called 'prefix' in filter. As I want to detect xyz suffix, I just used suffix in filter and it worked for me.

Long story short, you can use suffix key word like this:
filter(suffix("Dimension","<your sub string that you want to search>"))
 and it will filter out all the data that has your desired sub string at the end.

🙂

Let me know if this works for you as well.

@Adil_Saleem :  I have tried the below it does not work,  could you confirm this is similar to the code you had success with ? 

com.dynatrace.extension.prometheus-rabbitmq.queues.queue_messages_ready:filter(suffix("Dimension","_error")):splitBy(queue):max:sort(value(max,descending)):limit(20)

@pvr ,
Can you show me some sample data on which you want to apply filter. As per my understanding, you should try applying filter after splitBy() function.
If there are dimensions that end with _error then this should work.

com.dynatrace.extension.prometheus-rabbitmq.queues.queue_messages_ready:splitBy(queue):filter(suffix("Dimension","_error")):max:sort(value(max,descending)):limit(20)

Let me know in case if it still does not work for you.

Featured Posts