cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

APM Server Host Name

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Dear All,

We have a strange situation that after migrated the Dynatrace Server from one Physical Server to another Physical Server the hostname is same for the APM Server even though the new server has a different IP address and hostname.

Did anyone has encountered to this problem?

What could be the possible reasons?

Regards,

Babar

6 REPLIES 6

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Hi,

Are getting data from New Dynatrace Server. Did you change the server name in collector.cofig file.

server-name.jpg

Did the same server name showing in Self Monitoring or which place did you notice this problem

Thanks

Soorya Mohan

shane_korbel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

What is the issue you are seeing? You don't mention any of the symptoms or behaviours so it's hard to make a good recommendation. I would start by looking at the logs and possibly opening a support ticket.

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello @Soorya Prabha M. and @Shane K.

Thank you for your answers.

The name is appearing in the Client > Dynatrace Server and also in the bottom of right corner.

Regards,

Babar

shane_korbel
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Babar, I suspect that this is in the XML from the migration. Are there any issues with connectivity or function? If not, I think opening a low priority support ticket is in order for how to resolve this.

Hello Shane,

There is no connectivity and function issues except the old hostname.

I will open a support case and will update the post once the problem resolved.

Regards,

Babar

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello @Shane K.

The host name issue has been resolved after taking the following steps and I got this information from the support:

• Stop the server
  • Edit the name in the server.config.xml file
  • Restart the server

Regards,

Babar