cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

About VMRoot in leak memory analysis?

viswanadham_adu
Contributor

vm-root.pngHi,

I am currently analyzing leak memory analysis report for one of our servers.While analyzing i came across VMRoot for which GC size is showing as 1GB. Could you please explain what is this VM root and why GC size for this showing as 1GB when the parent of this object shows 424bytes(refer attachment).

9 REPLIES 9

sebastian_kryst
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

I'm not sure what kind of aggregation of data you've picked but I think here VMROOT is root (tree is reversed)

Sebastian

viswanadham_adu
Contributor

Hi,

I did not used any aggregation.I just clicked on Follow References-->Direct from leak report

sebastian_kryst
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

I was talking about this:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/short...

generaly vmroot is root node here on your screen.

viswanadham_adu
Contributor

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the info.I understood VM root now but i do not understand why it is showing as 1GB for VM Root?

Actually I can't say you as well. I think there would be useful full memory dump.

viswanadham_adu
Contributor

Hi,

I think Leak memory analysis is full memory dump right?

I think you're right, I thought it was selective memory dump because of small amount od data. This was all that has been caught?

viswanadham_adu
Contributor

You want me to provide full leak report?

It will be easier to tell something 🙂 Generally if it is production environment it may be not good idea to post it here. But if you have any other objects that are strange and are alocating to much memory, maybe you should focus on them.

Sebastian