cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Access to "Linked Dashboard" in Incident Plugin

pahofmann
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

I'm writing a Plugin to send appmon incidents to a event console (ZIS).

We wan't to display a link to a relevant dashboard in the alert message. Is it possible to access the "linked dashboard", which is defined when creating the incident, from within the Plugin?

The name of the Dashboard would be enough to create a link to the equivalent in the Web Interface.

Maybe there's another way I'm not seeing at the moment.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net
5 REPLIES 5

gabriel_casella
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Patrick

To get the name of the linked dashboard you may try:

env.getConfigString("linkedDashboard")

This is in use at the Slack Chat Plugin. and can be seen here:

https://github.com/gbc921/Dynatrace-Slack-Integrat...

(which is a slighter modified version from the Slack Chat plugin).

Let me know whether that helps you!

Great, Thanks! Hope this is the linked dashboard from the dashboard tab and not a variable named linked dashboard. Will try and post the results 🙂

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

This does not seem to pull the data from the "linked dashboard" tab, but from the plugin conifg. It always returns null for me.

rstatsinger1
Newcomer

I'm getting the same result as Patrick. It appears that I'd need to provide the linked dashboard as a configuration parameter to my plugin. It would be great if 'linkedDashboard' was always passed in the plugin environment whenever a linked dashboard was specified in the Linked Dashboard tab,

pahofmann
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

As it looks like this isn't possible yet I opened an RFE.