cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

After the installation of Java agent we are seeing issue with in some of Geoevent services.

fr_lefebvre
Participant

Hi All,

After the installation of Java agent we are seeing issue with in
some of Geoevent services.

So, we are rolling back the changes for java agent .

After the roll back of the java agent Geoevent services are back to
normal state and also application is working as expected .

Any ideas of what in agents installation can interfear with Geoevent Services

6 REPLIES 6

arihant_polavar
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Francois,

Can you tell us more about the issues you faced with the agent install? Were there any log files captured that you can share?

sandeepkumar_ra
Inactive

Hello Ari,

Attached are the application and DT Log file for reference.

Please have look and let us know in case of any issues or concerns.

Regards

Sandeep

Hi Sandeep, thanks for the logs.

What was the actual issue you were facing with your application service?

The Application GeoEvent services was configured with Dynatrace JAVA agent. by configuring the JVM arguments in its configuration file.

as this Application consists of several services within,after the installation and configuration of the agent, when the transactions started to flow, many services went offline/ non responding status and we had to roll back the installation of agent. Immediately after the roll back, all the services were up and running as expected.

Not sure, what went wrong or how the agents installation can interfere with Geoevent Services within.

Regards

Sandeep

In that case, as James mentioned below, I would recommend opening a support ticket. The one permissions issue James also pointed out is the only possible issue I see in the logs you posted.

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

I would recommend opening up a case with support as they will likely be able to help in resolving an issue like this more quickly. I don't see anything that stands out from the logs apart from this warning:

INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/11/29 00:11:14 | 2016-11-29 00:11:13 [00000184] info [native] Storing collector peer list (0 entries) to C:/Program Files (x86)/dynaTrace/dynaTrace Agent 6.1.0/agent/conf/collectorlist.ArcGIS_GEES_JAVA_GeoEvent
INFO | jvm 1 | 2016/11/29 00:11:14 | 2016-11-29 00:11:13 [00000184] warning [native] Exception storing collector peer list: Access is denied.

I'm not sure what issues you are seeing and if this could be related but I would definitely resolve this permissions issue.

James