cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Configuration for Java Wrapper

nj_njoku
Inactive

I am having issues configuring the Java agent for a wrapper in Windows. I have added the additional parameter in the configuration file

wrapper.java.additional.2=-agentpath:E:\Program Files\DT\agent\lib64\dtagent.dll=name=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,server=XXXXXXXXXXX:10002

Does not seem to instrument the agent and nothing is written in the logs. I have given the user that runs the service full permissions to the Dynatrace install folder but does not seem to be working.

9 REPLIES 9

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Maybe it's the blank in the path name? Try enclosing the path in quotes (like

wrapper.java.additional.2=-agentpath:"E:\Program 
Files\DT\agent\lib64\dtagent.dll"=name=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,server=XXXXXXXXXXX:10002

, or copy/paste the E:\Program Files\DT\ folder somewhere without blanks.

pierrick_planc2
Inactive

Hi,

As Peter said it often comes from the blank space in the path of the agent, I would try this first.

Rgds,

nj_njoku
Inactive

Thanks guys. The main issue was the app team was placing the agent string in the wrong location. Did make them put the path in quotes before testing it in the new location and it works now. I appreciate the help 🙂

Hi NJ,

Could you explain a little bit more about the "wrong location"?

I'm currently facing a similar problem when trying to configure this agent (also Java wrapper in Windows). The wrapper seems to chop off the agent string after a comma, so the collector defaults to localhost, although it does find the .dll path even without enclosing it between quotes.

Hey Lorena,

In my situation, there were placing the agent string in the wrong file that is why the agent wasn't working. I do not recall having any issue with the wrapper cutting the agent string after the comma because once we placed the agent in the correct file, it connected. You may want to verify that there isn't anything in their configuration that is causing this to happen and if that is not the case I will open a support ticket.

HTH

NJ

Hi NJ,

Thanks! Turns out their wrapper.conf file had some restrictions and we had to escape the commas in the agent string for it to work. It was weird, first time I'd ever seen this behavior.

Thank you 🙂

Yeah definitely some weird behavior. You are welcome! 🙂

Thanks

NJ

jeeva_k
Newcomer

where to config the java wrapper

jeeva_k
Newcomer

Where to config the java wrapper