cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Agent Process Shutdown issue with Collector Grouping

steven_marrocco
Participant

Recently, we have setup collector grouping. We have roughly 120 agents connected.

In the past couple weeks we have noticed that whenever a agent is moved to a different collector (because of resources we assume) a process shutdown incident is created for that agent.

We are wondering if there is anyway to pervent this as it is giving false information?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi Steven

Which version of Dynatrace are you running on? I think that what you describe is NOT normal behavior. I would open a ticket with support and see what they are saying. Maybe that is a known issue that is already fixed in a current version

Andi

Hi Andreas,

We are running on version 6.3.4.1034.

A ticket has been opened and I am about to involve our in house APM team.

Hopefully this can be resolved as it is creating false/positive alerts.

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Hi Steven,

We ran into this a while back as well - the issue is exactly as you describe. This is supposed to be fixed in version 6.3.8 as well as 6.5.

James

Hi James,

Thank you for clearing that up. I'll pass on the message to the teams involved.

To be clear, what exactly will be fixed? Will this make it so the rebalancing will not cause a disconnect for the agents?

Thanks again

This issue was that when the server would see the particular log entry about an agent moving to a different collector the Agent Shutdown incident would fire. As far as I could tell all that was changed is that this incident will no longer fire upon an agent connecting to a different collector in the group.

Awesome, appreciate the detailed response.