cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent Tier Automation

krystal_peterso
Inactive

Hello,

We are looking to automate the deployment of host agents onto Linux boxes.

For this process, we would like to automate the action of adding an agent tier to a particular (already made) system profile. Would this be done using the Agent Groups REST Interface PUT Method or is there another way to perform this action?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

Nathan_mcclain
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Krystal,

For host agents in 6.5 we recommend you use the pre made Infrastructure Profile for Host agents. There is no additional configuration necessary in this case as host agents by default fall into this infrastructure group. You can still have host agents fall into a custom system profile should you like, and in that case the Agent Groups Rest interface should suffice here. To me, it would seem quicker from an automation view to just automate the host agent install and have everything report into the infrastructure profile, but im not one hundred percent sure what your use case here is. Hope this helps.

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

Yes this does help. Our plan is to have the majority of our host agents default to the infrastructure group, but we will have a few that we would like to perform additional configuration one, so we would like those few into an agent tier under the specified system profile. I wanted to make sure my thinking was correct behind using the agent groups rest interface to make this happen.

Thank you for your quick response.

Take care,

Krystal