cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent deployment on Eclipse Dynamic Web Project

amitkumar
Inactive

Hi All,

I have created a demo application on eclipse Neon. I created the web project using Dynamic web project. I am using JBoss 7.1. Through eclipse i can start stop the server and access the demo application .

I deployed the DynaTrace agent and provided the mapping on <JBossHome>\bin\standalone.conf.bat. Following is the entry :-

set "JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -agentpath:C:\dynaTrace\Dynatrace6_3\agent\lib64\dtagent.dll=name=JBoss_JBOSS_PERF_PROFILE,server=XYZ.us.manh.com:9998"

The Issue that i am seeing is, If i start Jboss from eclipse i am not seeing agent information on console. At the agent overview dashlet i don;t see active agent. Server starts and i can access the application via run>run as option of eclipse.

If i stop the server from eclipse and try to start the server from command line ...jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\bin>standalone.bat ... sever starts ...i can see agent logging and can see the active agent at the client.

Can you please let me what is happening here ? Its the same JBOSS server but behaving differentely.

3 REPLIES 3

amitkumar
Inactive

Alright. So i was able to fix the Issue why modifying the JVM properties directly by doubleclick on the server in the 'servers' view >>'Open launch configuration' >> Variable >>Edit Variable.

I now can see my Active agent after server restart. However still no purepath though :-

Nice to see that you could connect the agent.

If you are not seeing PurePaths try checking if some sensor pack configuration is disabled. Also, as you said that this is a demo app, you could do a shotgun instrumentation for some seconds/minutes to see what you can capture.

After this you probably will have some data to analyze and hopefully to instrument as an entry point.

Let me know if you had success.

gyanendra_tripa
Newcomer

Hi Amit,

Can you please explain what Variable you have edited with what value, so that configuration present at <JBossHome>\bin\standalone.conf.bat file can also be considered.

Thanks !!

Gyanendra.