cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert after X number of failures

paul_hammer
Participant

Is it possible to have an incident open only after it has failed a certain number of times in a row? If I want to check a queuesize every minute, and have it open an incident after 5 consecutive checks above the threshold, is this possible? I know where is an 'avg' aggregation option, but thats not quite what I am looking for.

3 REPLIES 3

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

You could create a Threshold Violation measure on that queusize measure. This measure will tell you how often the measure violated the threshold. Now you can define the incident use the "Sum" aggregation. So - if the "Sum" of Threshold Violations is >= 5 then create an incident.

I have not tried this but I think this could work

Venkata_Thota
Newcomer

Andi - How would this work for auto baselining transactions? Say if i am monitoring Web page Requests split by URI. So if i want to send a notification on only when the alert triggers say 5 times in a specified duration for each uri splitting? 

tarjei
Organizer

As far as I understand, it is not possible to actually measure consecutive failures? It would typically be an approximation of the consecutivness, so to speak?