cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Alert for CPU Utilization

tarun_agastya1
Inactive

Hi,

We are getting high CPU usage alerts for one of our host.It was showing System load exceeded threshold of 15%.There are 50 instances are instrumented with dynatrace in the particular host.

How can we identify which instances is consuming more system load .can someone help me to identify it.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Tarun,

I'm a little confused on what you're asking here. The Host CPU Unhealthy alert is for the host as a whole. What are you refering to when you say "instances"?

Hi Dan,

Host CPU unhealthy alert is for host level. But there will be instances or process might cause the CPU to grow high. So I want to identify which instance is the culprit in that host causing to increase CPU.

Thanks,

Ah I see. In that case I would use the built in Monitoring Dashboard using the hosts tile view and drill into the processes from there.

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Tarun,

I would use the Monitoring view as Dan mentioned, or the Host Health Overview (Start Center/Ctrl-Shift-F7 if needed/Monitoring/Host Health Overview) to analyze the Host CPU. If the dark blue line representing the monitored processes' CPUs spikes in conjunction with the Host CPU, then look at the process CPU charts to find the culprit(s). If the blue line does not spike in conjunction with the Host CPU, it means the CPU is being used by an unmonitored process.

HTH,

dave