cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert on Performance Warehouse Clean Up Task Failed

jason_ostroski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

I've been looking for a good way to alert on the performance warehouse clean up task failing. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I'd like to know so I can run it again. (Eventually I'd also like to have it automatically try to run again if it fails once that night)

I've looked into Performance Warehouse and Scheduled Task Execution Failed incidents, but have not be successful yet. Has anyone done this before?

Thanks,

Jason

5 REPLIES 5

nishant_rama
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi Jason,

I believe it should be in the self monitoring profile its called Repository cleanup or Performance Warehouse clean up task if it fails it will notify you also if it takes a very long time it will notify you.

Hope this helps

Nish

jason_ostroski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Thanks for the quick response Nish,

I see that incident, but when I open it, I can only see when the task ran and how long it took. It's interesting, I would think that a failure would indicate a severe or warning state. If you look at my screenshot, on 9/22 we had to manually run it multiple times. On that day, we knew it failed because the state was red in the tasks/monitors dashlet.

I'm wondering if there's a setting I'm missing somewhere, but I've looked all over the tasks and incidents and can't find anything. We're running DT 6.1 on this server.

Thanks,

Jason

nishant_rama
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi Jason,

I believe when it fails you should see it under the performance warehouse event summary. Thats where I believe when ours failed it showed up. Have you opened the incidents dashboard under status overview to see whats being triggered from self mon perspective for last 72 hours? this will give you a good idea of what will trigger when things fail. Let me know.

Nish

jason_ostroski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hey Nish,

I'm not seeing it in there, but it looks like incidents aren't going back that far (to 9/22). I'll keep an eye on it for next time we see the problem and see if I can pinpoint what gets triggered when the task fails.

Thanks,

Jason

jason_ostroski
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Our clean up task failed yesterday and I found that the "Performance Warehouse Clean-Up" incident triggers severe if the task failed. Not sure why past failures were not showing, however, I'm now able to be alerted when the task fails.