cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Alerts Email Notification issue

santosh_indukur
Newcomer

We have configured Email Notifications for Alerts, Working good, From Couple of weeks email notifications are not triggering but I can see Alerts in the Incident Dashlet. "Smart Alerting is not CheckedIn", Agents were connected. This happens for all the Incidents. Can you help what the issue could be? Anything related to Email Servers? FYI, We have upgraded last month from App Mon 6.3 to 6.5.

7 REPLIES 7

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Santosh,

Do a quick test to send a test email?

One more thing came in my mind about the supported protocols. Just double check that what is the defaults one after migrated and what was your existing.

Babar

Kodai_Ishikawa
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Santosh,

I recommend triggering a test email and taking a look at the server.log. If there are any issues with the email notifications, there should be log messages that will help you diagnose further into the exact cause.

Regards,

Kodai

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

There's a number of tickets that were open for this and I noticed something similar as well when we upgraded. I think it is related to how it tries to encrypt the emails before they are sent - either a some certificate is incorrect or the way it is trying to send it will just not work based on how the email was originally set. It's somewhat confusing and if I remember correctly it only impacted standard emails - the alerts sent using the extended email plugin worked fine.

What worked for us was just disabling encryption in the server settings for emails. You can test out different configurations in there and try sending a test email to see what works. If you can't figure it out you may want to reach out to support.

As always try and be on the latest update as well.

James

santosh_indukur
Newcomer

Thank you all for quick response, I did a quick test to send test email, I didn't receive any email notification but I can see alerts triggered in Incident dashlet. I don't see any logs relevant as well.

Check the server logs and there you will find what is the issue?

Telnet the SMTP listening port from the DynaTrace Server.

santosh_indukur
Newcomer

After restarting the server, I start getting the email notifications but all the back log alerts are triggering many times. for example If the alert was triggered on 01/13/17 14.30 I still recieve the same alert even today several times (01/13/17 14.30). I still receive alerts even after the Incident is diasabled. Any idea?

I guess old messages were in waiting lines and were not discarded, but you should not receive the new alerts afterwards you disabled.

Just determine the timestamp of new alerts.