cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altering cache-control header of dtagent.js

seehua_voon
Participant

We noticed that our dtagent_xxxx.js file is injected with a "Cache-Control: Pragma=cache" header, which is somehow preventing the browser from caching the agent file properly. I'm wondering if there is any setting or debug flag that will help us to set this header properly for the injected agent.

5 REPLIES 5

seehua_voon
Participant

Sorry but that image is not viewable for some reason. Would you try to upload it again?

There is issue with community sometimes, uploaded Images are visible only for owner...

I've pasted it here again. Is it visible here? In General you should go to Advances settings in Application, there is option to analbe Cache control header optimazations. This is because Dynatrace is balancing between caching and refreshing new configuration that can be changed dynamically.

Sebastian

seehua_voon
Participant

Thanks for the guide! Will be keeping this for future reference.

Unfortunately I'm dealing with Appmon rather than Dynatrace Saas, so that option doesn't apply to my environment.

According to this documentation:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/shortlink/id_how_to_instrument_a_web_application#perfor...

Agent should be cached for a week by default. I don't know any option in Appmon for changing headers management. Some manual aproach maybe manual instrumentation over automatic one, then you can control headers by your self. But this is hard to manage option.

Sebastian

Thanks very much! It looks like another device is changing the cache-control headers then. We'll check with the people handling the web server and load balancers about this.