cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

Android Auto instrumentation does not capture Touch on AlertDialog's Button

satit_dpm
Participant

Hi all,

My client request to perform POC with their Android native app.

The auto-instrumentation works fine. However, touch action in alert dialog was missing.

I have turned on sendEmptyAutoAction=true flag but it does not seem to work.

Below is the link for the method my client use to create dialog button.

https://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/AlertDialog.html#setButton(java.lang.CharSequence, android.content.DialogInterface.OnClickListener)

Regards,

Satit

6 REPLIES 6

david_n
Inactive

Hello Satit,

What flags do you have set in your UEM settings? You can find the list of enabled flags here in your system profile settings under user experience. I would suggest enabling the Timed Action Support as some requests cannot be tied to user actions when they are clicked depending on whether the application is using the deferred methodology.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

This is for web applications so it probably will not affect your Android instrumentation.

Thanks,

David Nicholls

Thank you David.

It might not affect Mobile app but I will try it out.

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Satit,

You can also add the advanced features from the 'DEBUG' mode with the Ctrl + Shift + F9 combination.

In order to reach Edit System Profile > User Experience > Default application or your defined application > Configure Advanced Events.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

This is under web application, will this also application to Android native app as well?

Thank you so much for your answer.

Regards,

Satit

Thomas_Wirth1
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Satit,

The OnClickListener from the dialog class is not supported by the auto-instrumentor. You have to use manual instrumentation to instrument the dialogs from your client.

Regards,

Thomas