cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Autoinstrumentor - visits not detected

abdessamad_bayz
Newcomer

Hi,

I'm using Dynatrace to monitor an android application (Android, XAMPP), I followed the instructions in the documentation, I did the instrumentation, generate the APK and deployed it in an emulator. The problem is in the last step of instrumentation when dynatrace is supposed to detect the visits, it continues to show the following message:

Anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

17 REPLIES 17

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Abdessamad,

Do you have a Native or Hybrid application?

Can you share that which method did you follow to instrument the application?

Regards,

Babar

Hello @Babar Q.

Actually I'm using a Native application, I used the auto-instrumentation using wizard, it doesn't need any access to the source code:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/pages/viewpage.action?title=Android+Sample+Auto-Instrument...

Thanks,

Hello Abdessamad,

If your Instrumentation was done successfully then open the UEM correlation dashboard and do some actions and check weather beacon are passing or skipping.

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar

Actually Dynatrace informes me that the instrumentation was done successfully, however it's not detecting visits, however when I simulate some actions I only get server side informations (purepaths ...) without getting UEM informations

Regards,

Abdessamad

Hello Abdessamad,

Now this is very hard to predict whether Instrumentation was successful or not.

Did you enable the UEM?

Can you have visits from the Desktop Browser or Mobile browser?

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

Yes UEM is enabled and when I simulate requests from a Browser, I'm getting the visits.

Regards,

Abdessamad

Hello Abdessamad,

Do you have a same agent/monitor path for the web and mobile app?

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

I only have one apache web server, so I used one web server agent, the same used for the web and the mobile app.

Regards,

Abdessamad

Hello Abdessamad,

Can you access the URL on the browser which is hard coded into your mobile application along with the /dynaTraceMonitor?

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

I already did this, I'm getting FL(Webserver,noParam) which means UEM is working and in Dynatrace I'm getting the user actions

Regards,

Abdessamad

Hello Abdessamad,

If everything is okay then do one more thing that use the complete URL in the agent and monitor path and try again.

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

I've been doing this for the last hours without success, I tried consulting agent logs but I didn't notice anything suspicious.

Thanks,

Hello Abdessamad,

As you said earlier that Web/App and Mobile are using the same path and agent then there should not be any issues in the agents logs because you already have visits from the Desktop Browsers.

I hope that you are using the XXXXX-final.apk distribution in the simulator.

Regards,

Babar

Hello @Babar,

Yes I'm using the final.apk distribution,

Regards,

Abdessamad

Hello Abdessamad,

Now this is really interesting that you have done almost everything correct even though problem persist.

What is your current version of AppMon?

I had faced almost the similar issue where all the beacons were skipping with the ADK 6.5.11 version and then I used ADK 6.3.22 version in our environment.

Dynatrace recently informed that they fixed that issue in the 6.5.16 version and many other mobile related.

Is it possible for you to update your environment or you the downgraded ADK like us?

Regards,

Babar

Thomas_Wirth1
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hello Abdessamad,

Did you check the agent logs on the device? Maybe the agent is not able to successfully connect to your instrumented web server. There is a useful topic on the troubleshooting page from the 7.0 docu (should also work for 6.5): "How do I verify that the mobile agent is connected and can send data to the AppMon server?"

If the agent can send the data to the web server successfully, then you should check the visit dashlet. Sometimes the wizard is not able to detect the correct visit, but it is visible in the visit dashlet.