cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app instumentation

amitkumar
Inactive

Hi All,

Just curious to know if there is any easy way to instrument/monitor Android app APK ? I have gone through the DT suggestion on android app monitoring but steps are confusing.

I have two options, one to profile APK running on Bluestacks or device or monitor application running on RHO studio.

Can some one please throw some light on how can i analyze the performance of an Android app ?

3 REPLIES 3

BabarQayyum
Leader

Hello Amit,

Is your application pure native or hybrid?

You can also search community for all types of Instrumentation and troubleshooting.

For the hybrid application watch the following performance clinic.

https://youtu.be/uLIuPeFbXBA

Regards,

Babar

amitkumar
Inactive

@Babar, thanx for the response. I am new to UEM and trying to understand the terms. My Android app makes a REST calls to Server during pull and push. It exchanges the data in JSON. I was able to install the UEM agent on my android APK and was able to instrument it. I am seeing the the calls from js scripts however not seeing any further data related to the JS file. am i missing anything ?

Hello Amit, Since JS file is a static resource which probably is hosted on your web server. So It would not create purepath node till app server if its just serve-only request. Regards, Rajesh.