cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apache agent installation issues

sandre
Guide

Hi Everyone,

I ran into an issue after installing the Apache agent. The Web Server Agent is already connected to the Dynatrace server, but I can't see the monitored metrics. I have loaded the dtagent script into the httpd.conf file then restarted the apache service, but the Apache agent is not connected to the Dynatrace server. I am attaching a screenshot of the Dynatrace client.

Has anyone had an issue like this? I am using Apache 2.4.6 64 bit.

Thank you.

Andre

4 REPLIES 4

sandre
Guide

Sorry I have to attach in the comments

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I suspect that your Apache is not instrumented correctly or is unable to communicate with the Web Server Agent as it should. Check the agent overview and verify the Web Server Agent has a "child" Apache agent under it. If not, check the Agent logs and Apache logs to see if the agent failed to load as expected.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the help, unfortunately there's no Apache agent under the Web Server agent. I will open ticket to support for now and send the logs to them.

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Always double-check that you got the right "bitness" for the process. Usually, we want to load the agent located in the "lib64" path and not the "lib" path. That often causes this sort of issue...