Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apdex calculation for frustated

ravi_kumar11
Mentor

Hi Community,

As per the doc, I could see the Apdex formula as

Say in my case, If I have 12 actions of which 6 were satisfied and 6 were frustrated

Apdex = (6+(0/2))/12 = 0.5 is my Apdex score.. ? There is no input of frustrated actions count in numerator other than in Total actions..

Thanks,

Ravi

9 REPLIES 9

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Ravi,

In the same document you can find the below formula of Apdex.

If there are 10 satisfied actions, five tolerating actions and two frustrated actions, the result is an Apdex of (10+5/2)/17=0.73.

Users have a frustrating experience if:

• Their last action failed (The Web site does not work - I'm leaving.).
  • Their last action was frustrated (The Web site is too slow - I'm leaving.).
  • More than 50% of all actions were frustrating.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

The example is the one which put me in confusion, I'm not sure the denominator (5/2) of tolerated value 2 is frustrated count or else it's just a number which is part of formula .

Thanks

Ravi

Hello Ravi,

2 are the frustrated actions.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Thanks for your response, if you see the snapshot which I have pasted from the doc, it says tolerated actions/2 numeric value provided already. Is it the frustrated value by default..? or else you mean the frustated value in Total actions is 2.

Thanks,

Ravi

rob_vollum
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

The "2" in the "ToleratedActions / 2" component is just the number "2". It is used to get half of the ToleratedActions. In English, the formula would be said: "Apdex equals (SatisfiedActions plus half of ToleratedActions) all divided by TotalActions." There is no Frustrated component in the formula.

Hi Rob,

I'm looking for this clarification only.

Thanks,

Ravi

melissa_hubbard
Organizer

If you think of it like a grade in school...you get 100% (full credit) for satisfied, 50% (half credit)for tolerated, and 0% (no credit) for frustrated. I suppose they could do Apdex=((Satisfied +(tolerated *0.5) + (frustrated*0))/total actions But "frustrated*0" would always be zero so it's just dropped/ not in the numerator.

I think it may be (frustrated*0), since zero cannot divide any

haha! yes, you got it! as soon as i sent out the original response, i realized my dummy mistake. 🙂 i updated the response with * not / 🙂 thanks!