cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

App Mon SSL Certificate

eddy_galan1
Participant

Hi,

I am trying to generate a CSR so we can import our own certificate and not have the certificate error when accessing web dashboards through 9911 port.

In the common name parameter we are supposed to enter the fully qualified name. However, I know that once we import the certificate it will be used for the connections between collector and client to the dt server. If I enter the URL for the web dashboards for the common name parameter, will it still work for the collector and client connections to the dt server?

And what web server is it used to displayed the web dashboards?

Thanks.

Eddy

5 REPLIES 5

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Eddy,

If your intention is to use the custom certificate only for the Dynatrace Server Web then you can create a custom keystore to follow the instructions from the below link:

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Common name should be the FQDN.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Thanks for your reply.

I read this in the dynatrace doc. (https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/installation/set-up-communication-connections/certificate-management/) Can I still follow the steps from the link you referenced? It looks a bit old since the port for the web dashboards is now 9911 instead of 8020 or 8021

Migration from customer-provided keystores

Customer-provided .jks keystores are not supported for AppMon 6.3 and later and are not automatically migrated. Instead of replacing keystores on every component manually, use settings in Settings > Dynatrace Server > Certificate Management to change the certificate and key pair used to secure the communication. The certificate and keys are automatically deployed to all components where they are needed.

Just to update this. I followed the instructions from the link you provided and it worked in AppMon 7.0

Thanks.

Eddy

Hello Eddy,

You are most welcome.

Regards,

Babar

Can someone repost that link? Its not showing valid. I need to get rid of the not secure issue on port 9911 for web dashbaords.