cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

App Mon configuration for JBOSS application server

akshay_shinde2
Inactive

Hi Experts,

I'm starting with the configuration of APP Mon for JBOSS application.

The architecture is having One N/W load balancer & two JBOSS servers.

As of now I have configured the java agent path in standalone.conf but by looking into the below forum I think I have set it wrong. The two app server will go into the domain once we finished with dynaTrace implementation.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DOCDT62/JBoss,+Wildfly+Application+Server

Can somebody help me out in this please.

BR,

Ak

27 REPLIES 27

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Akshay,

Which JBoss version do you have?

There is different configuration for the domain mode and you can also expand the standalone.bat as a workaround.

All the possible configurations according JBoss version are available in the following link.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/...

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Application is using JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.4 & hosted on Linux box.

I have done implementation by adding java agent path in standalone.conf. So by following the ref link is it fine to do changes in standalone.conf only so as to get details of all tiers in dynaTrace or I have to update domain.xml & host.xml as well?

Please guide.

BR,

AK

Hello Akshay,

I guess this is applicable only for the JBoss 8 as per the below statement but if this is not the issue then it should be configure.

If your JBoss 8 / Wildfly 7 runs in domain mode, you can set the Agent options per server group or every individual server instance.

To extend JBoss 6+ the below configuration is required.

Modify <<code>JBossHome>\bin\run.conf .

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

I have now installed java agents on both the app server but web server box is missing from the flow diagram.

I can see like,

web request-->App1/App2-->DB

User-->Desktop Browser-->App2-->DB

Am I missing any configuration step here or web server won't be visible in flow diagram

BR,

AK

Hello Akshay,

Did you instrument the web server?

Which web server do you have and what is the version?

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

I checked with application team, there is no separate web server as such.

JBOSS itself act as web server.

The

Hello Akshay,

Then you are looking the correct transaction flow, if there is no web server because we also have a same architecture of few applications.

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

Will it restrict me in any further configuration like UEM?

BR,

AK

Hello Akshay,

No it will not restrict because Java Tiers has the capability to work without a Web Server Tiers.

UEM sensor will be available by default.

Regards,

Babar

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi AK,

Java can handle UEM, and the User Experience sensor should be placed by default, so there should be no issue with not having a web server.

HTH,

dave

Hi Dave & Babar,

I don't know what happened to the configuration now. I can't see pure path & flow diagram now.

Below are the steps I have taken till now.

1.Installed java agent on 1st JBOSS server which was standalone.

2.Installed java agent on 2nd JBOSS server which was the only server in loadbalancer.

3.After adding both the JBOSS servers to loadbalancer I'm not able to see flow diagram & single purepath. (Agents are showing connected in agent overview)

Can you help me out here or do I need to take this with dynaTrace support?

BR,

AK

Hello Akshay,

Can you see the Events, PurePaths, Skipped PurePaths etc.. information in the Agents Overview Dashboard?

Regards,

Babar

And assuming you are seeing Events in the Agents Overview, you might try charting some Host, Process and JVM measures just to verify that PureStack data is being captured.

Make sure you are looking at the correct System Profile and that there are no filters in place. I would close all open dashboards and start over and make sure the leftmost "breadcrumb" for the "Monitoring" Omnichannel view is set to the right System Profile.

HTH,

dave

Hi Babar, Dave,

I'm able to see event count, class load count, total class load count & pure path count in agent overview.

BR,

AK

Hello Akshay,

Can you take the screenshot of that information exactly opposite to your connected agents and share with us?

Did you also double check the remaining things recommended by @Dave M.?

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

I can see graphs for host & Process but JVM measures are not available.

Please find the agent overview report below.

agent-overview-report-2017-01-25-13-30-57.xlsx

BR,

AK

Hello Akshay,

I found that PurePaths are very less.

Is this a really busy application or not?

Is imported data for the last 30 minetus timeframe or more?

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

As of now there are 50-60 users. The load might increase from tomorrow as conveyed by AM team.

BR,

AK

Hello Akshay,

Can you verify that below highlighted sensors are same in your sensors configuration?

Regards,

Babar

Hello Babar,

Yes. All the settings are in place. PF below snap.

BR,

AK

Hello Akshay,

Check the status of your Session Storage from the Settings > dynaTrace Server > Storage.

How much storage has been used?

Is Continues Transaction Storage enabled?

If possible share the screenshot of Storage Session.

When the load will be increased tomorrow then please share the same information of PurePaths which you sent today in the form of excel sheet.

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

Adding screenshot of storage.2017-01-30-124135.jpg

I can see purepath count. Adding agent overview report.

agent-overview-report-2017-01-30-12-44-12.xlsx

BR,

AK

Hello Akshay,

Now I can see the number of PurePaths in the agents overview.

Can you see the transaction flow in any timeframe?

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

I can't see the transaction flow for last 30 minute & even for last 72 hours.

BR,

AK

Hello Akshay,

What I am suspecting that the domain mode should be configure for your scenario.

Just check the below link that how easily you can configure and then check the result.

https://community.dynatrace.com/community/display/DOCDT63/JBoss,+Wildfly+Application+Server

The following link is an external link to JBoss Domain Mode.

http://www.rtiperformance.com/user-guide/rti-v347/ug/html/

Regards,

Babar

aravindhan_v
Contributor

Dear Babar,

Am encounter the similar issue with my environment as well. As am using the Jboss 6 EAP version with dynatrace 6.1. Whereas i am able to see the agent has been connected but am unable to see even a single purepath in the dynatrace. Can you please help me to identify the issue.

Additionally I have placed basic sensor packs as well and not any specific instrumented method since am not sure with the methods.

Also we have connected the agent with one system profile which gives the data and moved the same agent to new system profile which unable to fetch the data.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Aravindhan.V

I am trying to the instrument the JBoss EAP 7 (DOMAIN MODE) and I am getting disconnect between transaction flow and Application Stops working. I have raised support case too. Here.