cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppMon 2017 Installation Issue

bill_scheuernst
Organizer

I am currently installing AppMon 2017 in a new environment and am experiencing an issue with migration. I am migrating from one host running 6.5 to this new environment. After a clean installation, with everything connected, I migrated my old archive to the new installation using the documentation for migration to a new host.

Syntax used...

java -jar
dynatrace-migration.jar -migration -sourceDTHome "C:\Program
Files\dynaTrace\dynaTrace 6.5" -targetArchiveDir
"C:\Software\Dynatrace\Migration"

java -jar dynatrace-migration.jar -migration -sourceArchive
"C:\Software\Dynatrace\sdt01_2017-06-09_15.13.53.dtma" -targetDTHome
"C:\Program Files\Dynatrace\Dynatrace 7.0"

After the migration, the client server connectivity shows I'm connected to the new server (swadts01) but under the navigation pane, it shows my old server (sdt01). This all happened when I completed the migration. How do I change the server data source to show what is correct? The datasource indicates "SDT01", but this is not correct. For now, the client is running on the server directly, and the server is SWADTS01. See screenshot for clarification.

2 REPLIES 2

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

This setting is being migrated over in the server config file, the following steps should let you update it to the new name:

"The name can be easily changed in the /server/conf/server.config.xml file. Please search for name={old server name}. Make sure the server is stopped when you make this change, otherwise it will be overwritten on shutdown. Once the change is made, then start the server back up and the correct name should be shown."

James

bill_scheuernst
Organizer

Thanks! That worked.