cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

AppMon 7.0 Documentation Export to PDF

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Dear All,

There is no option to export the full document into PDF format like 6.5 or earlier versions.

How we can have a PDF copy of the specific topic or a complete document?

Regards,

Babar

16 REPLIES 16

asahoo1
Organizer

Can someone answer the question? I face the same issue as well. There is no option to export it as PDF.

Ingo_Hackl
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi Babar & Abhaya,

what do you need the pdf-document for? Why is the online-version not sufficient?

Do you need pdf or is a offline-html-version (zip-file with html-files) also sufficient?

Ingo

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Ingo,

The use case is that usually we share the relevant documents with the different teams instead of telling them to go to the website/login and then drill-down to your required subject etc...

What I learnt from my experience that no one explore the website and everybody like that he/she should have a to the point and desired data.

Therefore, we would like to request you to whether give us the same option was available in the past or a workaround to get into the PDF form.

Regards,

Babar

nona_young
Guide

Ingo, I have the same situation as Babar and Abhaya. We are REQUIRED to have a document in place for our process and going to a website is not sufficient. Weblinks can get corrupted or go away or change and we require a permanent record of process and that is be accessible to everyone in our organization. Website links are also blocked for some folks for security issues. I work for a government organization so these are not negotiable processes. If you don't supply it I will have to create it, which seems a huge waste of time and I may miss something in the process. If Dynatrace can create such a document I'm sure you will make like easier for many users. thanks

asahoo1
Organizer

I agree with Babar and Nona. Besides all the points stated above, the PDF document provides the flexibility to search only one document on any topic or issue being faced by the Dynatrace AppMon admins or users. Searching items in a web page are not as easy as searching for specific items in a PDF document. For example, I was trying to look for httpd.conf in the online version of the document. I could not find an easy way to locate it unlike in the PDF document.

I am also not sure why the PDF version is not available especially since all prior versions of AppMon had one each.

nona_young
Guide

Ingo, please see my previous response to answer your questions. For my needs it would be a .pdf and not html.

Any progress on providing this?

florent_duchate
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Ingo,

I agree a pdf is nice especially when people don't have access to the internet for instance when on the move. Is this going to be available soon?

Flo

vladislav_samoy
Inactive

+ to PDF version

sebastian_kryst
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

I'm using documentation on my kindle so PDF would be really nice 🙂 For now I have there 6.5 version but it would be great to get current.

dave_mauney
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Everyone,

If you go to the documentation page for AppMon, there is now a "Documentation downloads" link that will allow you to download the PDF version you seek.

For the lazy:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/appmo...

HTH,

dave

Hello Dave,

First of all thank you for sharing such a valuable and highly demanded PDF resources of the AppMon 7.0 which will be very useful for the self study.

But there is still a situation that it will be very hard to copy and paste a specific topic whenever need to share with someone.

Is it possible to bring back the same feature which was available till AppMon 6.5 release?

Regards,

Babar

Hi Babar,

I just passed along the URL I learned of from another thread recently. Someone else will need to weigh in on the possibility of getting the old PDF feature back.

Thanks,

dave

sebastian_kryst
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Thx! I've missed it 🙂

nona_young
Guide

FYI second link. Looks like they put into a .pdf what was online, but still not a 7.0 specific guide, more like general upgrade/migration guide... I'm not sure "for the lazy" is accurate.

first link is a general Dynatrace appmon document downloaded from amazonaws and it over 3855 pages

Did you download correct one? There is full 7.0 docs

edward_sadsad
Dynatrace Supporter
Dynatrace Supporter

The pdf document for AppMon 7.0 should now be available in

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/appmon-reference/documentation-downloads/