cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

AppMon 7.0 - FrontEnd and BackEnd

sooryaprabha_mo
Inactive

Hi ,

When walk through AppMon 7.0 in web client, i seen this page(attached). I want to understand "what is the Front-end and Back-end", also i noticed that "Deployment" as a metrics in the chart, what does it mean.

dynatrace70-query.jpg

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Soorya Mohan

2 REPLIES 2

andreas_grabner
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Frontend is data that we capture through User Experience Management (UEM). So - these are metrics such as # of User Actions, Duration of these actons, . ..

Backend is the stuff we capture on the Server Side starting on the Web Server through your App Server, ... -> basically we talk about how many PurePaths (=Requests) we have captured on how long they take

Deployments visualize new Application Deployments. We provide a generic REST API where you can tell Dynatrace when you deployed, e.g: a new version of your app into your environment. Or when you switched on a new feature through a feature flag. We visualize this moment in time with a vertical line. Very often we see that a new deployment has a positive or negative impact on your end users or server-sidse peformance. So we wanted to give you a way to visualize the time when you made a deployment change

Andi

Thanks @Andreas G.