cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppMon 7.0: support for PostgreSQL 10 ?

hans_pinnoo
Newcomer

Hi,

We currently use PostgreSQL v. 9.2 for our AppMon Performance Wharehouse. As this version is going end-of-support, we would like to upgrade to v. 10 which has been released a couple of weeks ago.

PostgreSQL v. 10 is not listed in the requirements list for Performance Wharehouse databases; the highest version listed is v. 9.6.

Does this mean we shouldn't upgrade to v. 10 but instead to v. 9.6 ? Or is it just a matter of time before v. 10 is also supported ?

Thanks in advance;

Kind greetings,

Hans Pinnoo

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Hans,

as of my writing, PostgreSQL 10 has been released 3 weeks ago and we don't officially support it yet (meaning that we're not yet running automated tests against it).

In general, newer versions of database software is sufficiently backwards compatible to not pose any troubles for us and we want to support it in future anyway, so feel free to use it and let us know if you run into any trouble.

The safer bet if you want to depend on it in a production set-up would be the 9.6 branch which will be supported till 2021. Best regards,

Peter

hans_pinnoo
Newcomer

Hi Peter,

In the meantime I consulted our database management team, and they prefer to upgrade to PostgreSQL v. 10, so skip v. 9.6.

Do you have any idea when v. 10 will be supported by Dynatrace for Appmon ?

Thanks and best regards,

Hans Pinnoo

Hi Hans,

we'll plan a story to get a version 10 installed. I can't promise any release number, though.

I'll try it locally and let you know if I encounter any issues. Best regards,

Peter

hans_pinnoo
Newcomer

Hi Peter,

First of all my best wishes for the new year 2018 !!

Do you have an update about this issue (support for PostgreSQL 10 in Appmon 7.0) ?

Thanks and best regards,

Hans Pinnoo

Hi Hans,

cheers, the same to you 😉

I've been running with PG 10 locally for several months and there haven't been any issues. I'm installing it on a test machine to have it run for the continuous integrationg as well, but consider it officially supported for AppMon 7.1 and higher. It should also work for older releases but I don't want to adapt the original release notes. Best regards,

Peter

PS: Feel free to use it for your 7.0 installation. Support won't deny your requests if there are any issues (if there's trouble, refer them to this forum discussion).