cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

AppMon 7.1 How to manage server logs size?

cdamiens
Participant

Hi,

In order avoid disk saturation because of endless logging, I would like to know how are managed (or how can I manage) the AppMon server logs size (threshold by size or by date? File rotation and deletion?).

Thanks for your help.

Clément

2 REPLIES 2

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Logs are rotated based on a max file size in AppMon. If you look into the server.config.xml file (or the relevant file for any other AppMon components) you can find a loggingconfig entry that has settings for the max file size and how many old files to continue storing. By default in mine it looks like the default for the standard Server logs is a max of 5 log files stored at once with a maz size of ~10MB:

<loggingconfig path="../log/collector/Dynatrace Collector" console="INFO" maxfiles="5" level="ALL" correlationmaxfiles="2" maxbytes="10485760" correlationmaxbytes="31457280" html="false" append="true" />

I wouldn't change these defaults without a good reason, you shouldn't need to do any manual management of log files.

James

Hi @James K.

Thanks for your answer. I'll look into it and see if that can help our sysadmins.

Clément