Did you mean: 

AppMon 7.1 Oneagent Query

asahoo1
Organizer

3 REPLIES 3

asahoo1
Organizer

Hello,

I had a question on the upcoming AppMon 7.1 version.

1) I understand that Oneagent can be installed on the servers. I would like to know how it would co-exist with the AppMon classic .NET / Java agent. Do we need to uninstall classic .NET / Java agent from the servers before we install Oneagent?

2) If both can exist in the same server, can we use Agents Overview screen to switch to Classic or Oneagent as needed?

Thanks,

Abhaya

Babar_Qayyum
Leader

Hello Abhaya,

I believe due to some confusion between the OneAgent (specifically designed for the Dynatrace) and the OneAgnet referred to the AppMon has been with the name AppMon Agent in the documentations.

For easy migration from existing installations, every 6.x (or later) Bootstrap Agent is capable to switch back and forth between Classic Agent and the AppMon Agent. There is no need to re-configure the Agent injection. The switch of the agent platforms can be simply triggered in the AppMon Client.

Reveiw the below link for better understanding.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/insta...

Regards,

Babar

Christoph_Neum
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

1) yes, they can co-exist (you don't need to install OneAgent (=AppMon Agent) at all. The bootstrapper will take care of injecting the proper agent type)

2) yes