cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

AppMon Associate vILT Certification Exam Preparation Resources?

drew_callahan
Inactive

Hello,

I'm in the process of studying for the AppMon Associate vILT certification exam and am having trouble finding an effective way to prepare. The resources on Dynatrace University aren't enough to adequately prepare for the exam and reading through documentation pages doesn't sound like the best use of time.

Could any certified members provide some suggestions on how to study for this exam?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Did you take the practice exam? Take it again! Perfect that dude. That gives a good feeling for the level of questions asked on the exam.

Also, simply time and experience with the product is essential. Knowing how to setup agents/agentgroups, build dashboards, etc, etc. Focus on the product features mentioned in the Exam Blueprint.

hth

joe

yamini_dubey
Organizer

Hi Drew

I agree with Joseph. From my experience more than anything your experience with tool and hands on experience would help you the most . The questions are based on real time use cases in that case your experience will help you a lot. Apart from that for topics, blue print can be taken as guide.

Hope this helps!

All the best for exam.

Regards.

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

One more thought: This certification will be difficult to pass with only academic knowledge of AppMon. If you don't have real experience with the product, download the free personal edition copy and perhaps even the EasyTravel demo application and get real experience.

Free Personal Edition: http://bit.ly/dtpersonal

Hi All,

I am looking for Associate certification too. I have 2+ years experience with AppMon.

I have taken the sample exam with 15 MCQs (which I scored 87%), should I go for it or should I prepare further.

Sometimes the questions are tricky or the options given are very closely matching.

Please guide.

Regards, Rajesh.

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hello Rajesh,

To bey very honest, you should concentrate or depend mostly on the hands-on experience because the exam is too tricky.

Blue print is just an idea but inside the exam you will find questions far away from the basics e.g. asked in the sample exam.

Regards,

Babar

Thanks Babar for advise.

I do have hands on. However I haven't gone through every page in DT Documentation !! 😛

Wish me luck! 😄

🙂 Best of Luck !!!

Hello Drew,

Little searching lead me to this link which might help you:

Dynatrace University - AppMon

Also check the YouTube channel for the related Webinars.

(Assuming you have hands on already).

Regards, Rajesh

mayana_s_khan
Inactive

Hello,

I am looking for Associate certification exam, I have 3 months of experience in APPMON. Please help me to find the guide to prepare for the exam.

Regards,

Mayana Khan

Hello Mayana,

Find the blueprint of the Application Monitoring Associate Certification. You can also find the relevant resources in the same document.

du-certificate-appmon-associate-blueprint2.pdf

Best of Luck !!!

Regards,

Babar