cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppMon Client won't start, but does work for another User on same machine

wallisch
Newcomer

I am running Windows7 x64 with AppMon Version 6.5. Java is on Version jre-8u121-windows-x64.

When I start the AppMon Client via dtclient.exe I just get the Splash Screen, in Windows Processes I see dtclient for a splitsecond and thats it. No Errors, no nothing.

I've reinstalled the client several times, Java as well. Tried running as admin, did set the JRE_HOME Variable manually. No Luck.

A Co-Worker logs in on my machine and it works. Funny thing is, for my userprofile it was working also fine until a couple days ago.

Starting the Client via the webstart client also works, as well does the webview itself.

Any help would be appreciated greatly

3 REPLIES 3

peter_karlhuber
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

Hi Max,

try deleting the .dynatrace folder in your user directory, maybe there's some corrupt download / config there. There should also be some log files in that folder to see what exactly the problem is if it persists.

Best regards,

Peter

thanks so much, deleting the .dynatrace folder did it. dtclient.exe starts again.

wallisch
Newcomer

Hi Peter,

thx for your answer. the log says there is an error with initializing the keystore due to no access being granted to that directory

C:\Users\username\.dynaTrace\Dynatrace 6.5\client\conf\dt_pwdstore.bks