cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

AppMon: Custom alert based on "Today" time frame metrics

dsi-dis-ies-met
Participant

Hi all,

I need to create an alert in appmon (7.2.12) based on this condition :

The alert is triggered when the number of 20 transactions exceeds the response time of 60 seconds for the current day.

I was able to create this type of alert easy but i dont know how to limit the scope of my alert to only the current day.

thank you in advance for reading me.

Mhamed

3 REPLIES 3

sebastian_kryst
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

You should look on Evaluation Timeframe:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/doc/appmon/shortlink/id_configure_incident_rules#general-settings

Here you have information as well what is this and how this work. There is no option to limit this timeframe to only one day. This is kind of block of time that is moving on time axis. I don’t remember what options are there available, I don’t think that there will be 24 hours but please check it. In such case you would have alert when you will have 20 requests during last 24 hours (not current day)

Sebastian

Hello and thank you for your return Sebastian.

The time frame evaluation makes it possible to adjust the duration after which a check of the triggering condition will be carried out, if I understood correctly how it works.

Also, it is not the frequency of evaluation that I wish to increase to 24h but the period in which this condition must be sought.

I think it is not possible with Appmon even with the latest version.

It may be like you said, sorry