Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppMon Density Charts

muthukumar_peri
Advisor

Does AppMon have capability to generate Density Charts to
monitor the page performance? For example: If we set KPI for a page as
“domComplete within 5s”, then we would like to measure what percentage of users
who experienced domComplete within 5 seconds.

13 REPLIES 13

pahofmann
Champion

This is possible with percentiles. Enable percentile calculation for the relevant measure in the measure settings.

Then you can use a Percentile Chart to get a good overview on how many pages have a dom complete in under 5 seconds.

Thanks, Patrick.

The UEM measure is already enabled with "Calculate Percentile Data" in measure settings.

The requirement is to find what % of users who visited the site experienced domComplete within 5 s.

Is there anyway we can get that view?

That is also possible, you can do that with a business transaction that is calculated per visit.

A visit can have multiple action though, so the question is should what domComplete time you want. The average of all pages the user visited? The maximum domComplete he experienced? Either way this is possible with a business transaction and domComplete as a result measure.

You could also create a Calculation -> Rate Mesure measure with the total number of visits divided by the number of visits which have one/many domComplete>5s actions. Then you have one concise measure that answers your question.

Thanks, Patrick. I want to capture the user journey across all pages in my application.

I have created Visit based BT and added the DOM load time measure (with calculate percentile).

Can you please help me with your idea of "You could also create a Calculation -> Rate Mesure measure with the total number of visits divided by the number of visits which have one/many domComplete>5s actions." as how to get this?

This is the same as Joseph suggested, see my comment above.

Thanks Patrick. I have created Calculation -> Rate Measure but I feel I haven't got it right.

Please find the below attached screen shots and let me know whether any changes required?

bt.png

dommeasure.png

calculationmeasure.png

calculationmeasuredashboard.png

You need to add (or create a new BT with) the dommeasure as an additional Filter. The result of that BT will be all visits with a domLoad > 5s.

Then you use the Count result measure of that BT as the Fraction measure in the calculation measure.

I have added dommeasure into the existing BT as an additional filter. Then I used the count result of the BT as Fraction measure with dommeasure as Base measure. Looks like the value (%) is very minimal and I believe we are getting closer but something is missing. Attached the screen shots for your quick reference,

btwithdommeasure.png

calculationmeasure-1.png

calculationmeasuredashboard-1.png

The aggregation for the UEM Pages - Dom Load Time should not be last. This way only visit where the last page had a domComplete >5s fall into this BT. Use avg or max, depending on if one domLoad > 5s , or an average domload > 5s in the visit is what you want.

For the calculation measure you need to use two visit measures. To get the percentage of users with avg. domLoad under 5s, use the count from the BT result and divide it by the ootb visit count measure which will represent all visits.

This way you will get e.g: 10 slow visits / 100 visits toal = 0.1 == 10%

Thanks, Patrick.

Joe_Hoffman
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Another approach would be to create a BT which filters on just those users who experience < 5 sec Response time. Then you could create a calcuation measure which divides the BT Count by the total user count. Do you think that will give you what you need?

Thanks, Joseph.

I have created Visit based BT and added the DOM load time measure (with calculate percentile).

Can you please help me with your idea of "BT which filters on just those users who experience < 5 sec Response time. Then you could create a calcuation measure which divides the BT Count by the total user count" as how to get this?

Create a visit based BT and add the domComplete measure as a filter. Set the upper sever threshold of the measure to 5000ms (5s). The aggregation depends on what exactly you want. If you want the average domComplete of the visit to be below 5s, choose avg.

All visits in that BT will now have an average domComplete > 5s. You can use the count measure of that BT in the calculate measure.