cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This product reached the end of support date on March 31, 2021.

AppMon: Excude Certain Pages with Mobile Hybrid App APK from UEM

seehua_voon
Participant

I would like to know if there is any way to exclude certain pages which is hosted within the mobile app APK from being monitored with UEM/RUM. Based on searches, it would be possible to exclude that page from monitoring with a server side sensor configuration. This however wouldn't work if the page is from the APK itself, and does not make a call to the application server.

The reason for doing is that one of the pages which is hosted locally within the APK is being detected as a split visit from the main visit session. This is causing the Android session to consume 2 visit count per session instead of one as it should be.

The mobile app is a Cordova based app.

3 REPLIES 3

sebastian_kryst
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

I don’t think it is possible, I would rather open support ticket to determine why visit is splitted. Maybe there is need for manual instrumentation of this single page to allow visit follow this path without splitting it.

Sebastian

harp
Dynatrace Pro
Dynatrace Pro

• are you using the cordova plugin for instrumentation?
• does the hybrid app load pages from remote and local locations?
FYI @Matthias H.

* No, we followed documentation for manual integration for hybrid apps instead

* The hybrid app load pages from within its own package. It'll download new static (images etc.) from the server if there is any, but the htmls are loaded from within the app